Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
New York Social Network NYE Party - Singles 25-47
Monday, December 31, 2012 at 9:00 PM - Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 1:00 PM (EST)
New York, NY
There are so many options for you to choose from on New Year's Eve. From huge night club parties to friend’s apartments/homes, to going away or just staying home alone. We are not going to give you any hype that ours is the biggest and the best option, just the straight facts. The most important thing for us is to manage your expectations and hopefully deliver more than you imagined. Check out our list below, if it matches with what you are looking for join us!
It is our goal to create an exciting, warm and friendly atmosphere where you feel welcome, relaxed, safe and surrounded by fun and exciting people.
- Il Cibreo is a cozy Italian restaurant with a warm and welcoming atmosphere on a very vibrant section of Broadway in the newest safe HOT neighborhood that surrounds Columbia University. Same owners as Nonna, Columbus Tavern/A G Kitchen and Firehouse Tavern. It features a long bar and several different areas to sit back and chat, eat, take a breath or dance on a large dance floor. It will be decked out for the party too!
- Coming alone or have never been out before? Welcome to the club, over 80% of the people coming will be coming on their own. Many of those attending may already have friends at the party they met through our group and many of them will be eager to meet you. You can also invite your own friends.
- NYSN staff members and founder Dave Cervini will on hand to welcome you at the door and introduce you to as many people as we can.
- Select top shelf open bar from 9pm-1am. Huge bar, no watered down or waiting for drinks. Champagne Toast at Midnight.
- Delicious hot and cold appetizers and a bountiful Italian buffet meats, pasta and vegetarian options, sides, salads desserts, coffee and tea service.
- An upscale fun crowd. No drunken frat boys. Although some are bound to be feeling fine!
- Live D.J. Playing the best music from all decades. Cocktail Lounge music played at conversational levels until after dinner, then we’ll turn it up a little for dancing in the dance floor area.
- Il Cibreo is easy to get to. #1 stops 2 blocks south at 110th and Broadway. B,C trains stop at 110th and Central Park West. The M60, M104 and M4 buses all stop close by. It is next to the Tom’s (Seinfeld) Diner.
- Plenty of on street parking and garages in the area.
- Il Cibreo holds 200 people but we will only sell 150 tickets to avoid overcrowding at the bar and on the dance floor.
The crowd: ages 20’s – 40’s, perhaps a few more women than men but not by much. We carefully monitor the male/female ratio to make it fun for everyone.
Dress: Be comfortable but dress it up (after all it is New Years!). We'll supply the hats, noise makers and tiaras.
Cost: $85: 11/27-12/16
$125: 12/31 if available
A note from Dave Cervini (founder of the New York Social Network).
New Year’s Eve is always a huge headache for many. Most of us don’t make plans until the last minute, waiting to see what our best options are. I hope that we have painted an honest picture of what to expect from our party. Feel free to compare different parties. Look carefully at the fine print and the hours that special offers are made. I am confident that we offer the best value for your money. For the past 9 years we have offered a slightly different alternative to the huge pack ‘em in overcharge ‘em mentality that many promoters and restaurants have. I like to think that our New Year’s Eve Party is almost like me inviting all of you to my apartment! Since my apartment isn’t that big we improvise by finding cool places to host the big night.
I know Il Cibreo is not in a location that many of you travel to often but honestly if you can go downtown, you can go uptown. There are plenty of subway options and cabs. The Columbia University area is one of the hottest new areas with tons of bars, clubs, restaurants and high end stores while maintaining that cool college town feel. The restaurant is owned by the same people as Nonna, Columbus Tavern/A G Kitchen and Firehouse Tavern which many of you will recognize and respect for their food and service.
Since everyone who signs up belongs to or knows someone in our group, we are all connected from the start which makes for a great night!
If you make other plans and I don’t see you, I wish you a Happy and Safe New Year!
When & Where
AndThatsWhyYoureSingle.com is your one stop shop for dating advice, online dating tips and social events.
We have organized events, seminars and teleclasses for the single professional since 2004.
We also help singles navigate the sometimes tricky world of online dating. The tips and advice we share will help you avoid the flakes, get more responses and have better dates.
Events are hosted in NYC, Boston and DC.